Covid 19 Resources
The effects of the virus and the subsequent lock-down(s) have impacted us all. We know it’s been particularly hard on actors. People Store is working everyday and doing our best to make smart decisions. Health (physical and mental) is the main priority right now, and we hope you’re all doing your part to stay healthy. We’ll eventually be on the other side of this and back working. In the meantime we just wanted to share some helpful resources and information that could be of value as we navigate the next few weeks. Please know that we’re still here for you, and are available to assist in any way we can. Sending love to each and every one of you!
Below is some information about financial resources available to actors during the pandemic:
- Netflix said it would donate $1 million each to the SAG-AFTRA COVID-19 Disaster Fund, the Motion Picture and Television Fund and the Actors Fund Emergency Assistance in the U.S., and $1 million between the AFC and Foundation des Artistes.
- SAG-AFTRA has a list of resources for its members.
- The MPTF is helping those in the industry in need of medical, financial and emotional assistance.
- The Actors Fund is here to help all industry workers. They have streamlined the application process for financial assistance to be handled on-line.
- Actors’ Equity Association is joining forces with other entertainment unions to plead to congress for immediate financial assistance for all industry/arts workers during this crisis.
- The Atlanta Artist Lost Gig Fund is open to arts professionals in any discipline who have lost income to gigs, projects and events that have been canceled.
- A list of additional Arts financial resources can be found here.
Many studios and coaches are offering online classes for actors during this time. Below are a few that have crossed our desks:
- Actor Boutique specializes in Scene Studies & Coaching – reach out to them directly to learn more or enroll!
- Catapult Acting offers a variety of online workshops as well as a free virtual forum this week for those interested in voiceover.
- Drama Inc. has several virtual class offerings – click here for a list of their options, including an Advanced On Camera class for teens.
- Amy Lyndon is holding three online classes right now – check out The Lyndon Technique here.
- David Blue is offering online Skype coaching sessions at Book Your Audition.
- Shari Shaw Studios is offering classes online 7 days a week. Contact them at email@example.com.
- The Actors’ Gym is offering classes & private coaching over Zoom on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- C&J Casting are offering private coaching sessions with casting directors as well as online webinars. Check out their current & upcoming options here.
Feel free to reach out to any of the classes & coaches on our Resources page for more information.
Other Helpful Resources
The Georgia Production Partnership is hosting their monthly meetings online & continue discussing industry news & updates. It is free to all with no registration required. Keep an eye on their website and social media to tune in.
If you’ve been meaning to polish up your acting reel, figure out what clips you want to pull! Below are a few resources for pulling clips & editing reels.
- Josh Bolla offers clip pulling and demo reel editing. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DemoReel.com offers both reel editing and reel hosting
- Back To One Creative offers private online proofing during their demo editing process.